Welcome back Cyclones families! There are some changes for this summer so please make yourself familiar with the following:
Pool: All restrictions regarding Covid-19 are lifted for this summer. Having said this, families are welcome to continue to wear your masks when you are on the swim deck.
Registration Fees for the Team will include team T-shirt and swim cap if registered by 5/14. For Minis, the registration fee will include a team T-shirt.
- Team $205
- Meet only $150
- Mini-Cyclones $130
- Non-residents - additional $25
- Early Bird (Team only; residents only) - Discount of $25 (register by 4/15)
- Late Fee - additional $45 (starting 5/15)
- Sibling discount (Team only) - $20 discount per sibling; MUST register on same registration entry with older sibling to get discount
● 75% refund if requested by June 9
● 50% refund if requested by June 16
● 20% refund if requested by June 23
Refund requests should be made to the Team Rep by email: [email protected]
Refunds will be issued by check.
Ages: The Team will return this summer with Cyclones swimmers age 5-18 and our learn-to-swim group, the Mini-Cyclones, age 4-7.
Minimum Requirement to join the Cyclones Team: Swimmers 8 years & under must be able to swim one length of the pool, unassisted and without hanging on the lane lines or wall, by June 9th. Swimmers over 8 years must be able to swim 2 lengths of the pool by June 9th. No exceptions!
If swimmer cannot meet the minimum requirements, there are 2 options:
1) If they are 5-7 years old, they may join the Mini-Cyclones non-competitive program. Swimmer must complete the Mini-Cyclones registration form to confirm the transfer. A refund will be issued by check, per refund policy, for the difference from Team to Minis.
2) If they are over 7 years of age, they will be asked to leave the team. Refunds will be issued by check, per the refund policy.
Requirement to join the Mini-Cyclones: Swimmers must be able to put their head under water and blow bubbles on their own, by June 9th. No exceptions.
Practices: For the Cyclones Team, from May 31st to June 10, we will have after-school sessions Mon-Fri, 5:30-8:30pm, 1 hour sessions. More details to follow.
Starting June 19, all practices will be in the morning, whole pool, 3 one-hour sessions from 7am-10am Mon-Fri.
Mini-Cyclones will start June 19 and sessions will be 30min sessions on Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri mornings.
Starting Sunday June 4th, we will have Sunday Fun Days, full team session (Cyclones and Mini-Cyclones) from 9am-10am. This is a great opportunity for the kids to have fun and get to know each other and their coaches.
As to which specific session your swimmer will attend, we try to sort by age and ability, to maximize fun and coaching efficacy. We will do our best to accommodate your needs, which we will determine in the first few sessions. Anticipated sessions starting June 19 (open to change):
- Team swimmers 6-9 years and Campers 7am-8am
- Team swimmers 10-11 years 8am-9am
- Team swimmers 12 & Up 9am-10am
- Mini-Cyclones 4-7 years (30 minute sessions) 7:00-7:30am, 7:30-8:00am, 8:00-8:30am, 8:30-9:00am. Max of 10 swimmers per session. Choice of session at registration (first come, first served), however depending on capacity, some Mini-Cyclones may be asked to switch to an alternate session.
Meets: Meets are in-person this summer on Saturdays and most Wednesdays, mid-June to late July. If the Cyclones host a Wednesday meet, the meet will be virtual.
Equipment: The team will be wearing a "team" suit this summer. Sample swimsuits will be available at the Faircrest clubhouse for swimmers to be fitted to the correct size of swimsuit (follow-up emails with dates/times of fittings to be sent out). Suits are non-refundable nor can they be returned once they are ordered. So fittings are essential. If you cannot make any of the Cyclones fittings, we highly suggest that you go to Cassel's and have your child fitted there. Please do not order a suit without the fitting.